Re: Weakening "from testing" requierement

Hi Eduard.

Eduard Bloch - 15.04.17, 12:25:
> I would like to discuss the idea in the subject.
>
> The currently defined rules say that the package shall only be
> backported from Testing. However, Testing mutated to Frozen ATM.
> Any my gut feeling says that this is going to be like the Wheezy freeze
> (or even like the infamous Woody freeze that "never ended" and you ended
> up with 1.5 years old upstream versions released as "stable", ROTFL).
>
> Therefore, can we probably relax that basic rule of backporting and
> allow packages to satisfy fewer requirements? Something like:
>
>  * Package X has to be in Sid for min. 20 days without any new upstream
> specific bug repors * Package revision X-Y has been in Sid for min. 10 days
> without new packaging related bug reports

Wasn´t there a requirement that the version of a backported package is not
allowed to be newer than the version that ends up in next release?

Also… AFAIR Jessie didn´t have such a long freeze time – despite the late
switch to systemd –, why do you feel that the freeze for Stretch will take
that long?

Thanks,
--
Martin