Re: updating roundcube backports to 1.2.x?

On 2017-04-11 18:07:09, Guilhem Moulin wrote:
> Hi Antoine,
>
> On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 at 11:22:53 -0400, Antoine Beaupré wrote:
>> I need to run roundcube in jessie, and I noticed the backport was out of
>> date (1.1 vs stretch running 1.2). Shouldn't this be updated?
>>
>> Do you want me to upload an updated backport or should I keep it to
>> myself? :)
>>
>> I won't be in a position to test updates, unfortunately...
>
> When I last checked this last autumn, backporting all dependencies was
> too much work for us.  (I'd be happy to learn that it's no longer the
> case, though :-)  My suggestion that the bpo version sticks to the LTS
> branch 1.1.x was rejected [0], so instead we cherry-pick individual
> security patches.

Thanks for the feedback.

FWIW, I ended up installing roundcube by hand, since even stretch
doesn't have the latest release (1.2.4) and I had trouble with
dbconfig-common failing to configure the database.

And *then* I found out about the Rainloop project and installed *that*
and I had a mobile-friendly webmail interface that is pretty awesome. :)

So good riddance roundcube for me.. Now I guess "someone" will need to
work on a package for *that*. ;)

Thanks again!

A.

--