Re: inkscape not installable from jessie-backports (depends libgsl10ldbl)

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 04, 2017 at 10:14:29AM +0200, Thibaut Paumard wrote:
> Le 03/04/2017 à 16:41, Mattia Rizzolo a écrit :
> >> That way we should enable installing latest inkscape from backport in
> >> addition to other scientific software.  What do you think about this?
> >
> > That it wouldn't be a good idea.

ACK.

> > Whilst it would solve Afif's problem, gsl might be used by also other
> > packages in the archive and also installed in the users' system, and by
> > doing so you might cause installability problems in other packages.
> >
> > I instead recommend tweaking gsl backport to remove the conflict against
> > the old library.
> >

> I looked at the code. The cblas part seems to not have changed between
> the two versions, so it looks like it would work to simply not ship
> libgslcblas in libgsl2, and let libgsl2 depend on lbgsl0ldbl.

Any volunteer to implement this?  I admit I feel responsible for the
mess and would surely try to solve it.  However, I have the impression
that I'm not the most competent person for the job.  While it seems like
simply adding something like

    find debian -name "libgslcblas*" -delete

inside debian/rules plus

    Depends: lbgsl0ldbl

in debian/control would do the trick I would prefer if somebody who is
more involved in these issues would take an additional look.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de