Re: Looking for sponsor for first DM upload

On Dec 30 2016, Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am Debian Maintainer for the s3ql, python-dugong and python-llfuse
> packages. I would like to add these packages to jessie-backports (the
> important package being s3ql, with the other two being dependencies).
>
> Would someone be willing to sponsor the initial upload for me?
>

> In addition to me wanting to use them personally, there have also been
> regular requests for backports from other users. Back in Wheezy days, I
> collected them in https://bugs.debian.org/707184 - but then never got
> around to providing the backport.
>
> The packages are available at:
>
>   http://www.rath.org/debs/python-llfuse_1.1.1+dfsg-4~bpo8+1.dsc
>   http://www.rath.org/debs/python-dugong_3.7+dfsg-3~bpo8+1.dsc
>   http://www.rath.org/debs/s3ql_2.21+dfsg-1~bpo8+1.dsc

Alright, third time's the charm. Here we go:

I've contacted the maintainer of python-pytest-catchlog (Daniel Stender
<stender@debian.org>). He is fine with me uploading the current stretch
version to backports. I have done a test build with no changes (dch
--bpo), and things seem to work fine:

http://www.rath.org/debs/pytest-catchlog_1.2.2-1~bpo8+1.dsc

With python-pytest-catchlog available, I can now do no-change uploads
(i.e., just dch --bpo) of python-dugong and python-llfuse:

http://www.rath.org/debs/python-dugong_3.7+dfsg-3~bpo8+1.dsc
http://www.rath.org/debs/python-llfuse_1.1.1+dfsg-4~bpo8+1.dsc

The s3ql upload requires one additional change (documented in the
changelog): the minimum version of python3-pytest in debian/control is
actually too told. This was never a problem in sid/testing, but it
becomes a problem when building a backport because the buildd then
fetches the package from jessie rather than jessie-backports (so the
build fails):

http://www.rath.org/debs/s3ql_2.21+dfsg-1~bpo8+1.dsc

Thanks!
-Nikolaus