Re: Looking for sponsor for first DM upload

On Jan 02 2017, Eriberto <eriberto@eriberto.pro.br> wrote:
> Hi,

> [...]
>
>> I have added an entry to debian/changelog for python-dugong and updated
>> the source package above.
>

> +python-dugong (3.7+dfsg-3~bpo8+1) jessie-backports; urgency=medium
> +
> +  * Rebuild for jessie-backports.
> +  * Don't run unit tests during build to avoid python3-pytest build
> +    dependency.
>

> The python3-pytest is available in BPO. What is the reason to exclude
> it from your package?

Hmm. Good question. When I'm trying to build with the python3-pytest
dependency enabled, sbuild bails out with:

,----
| The following packages have unmet dependencies:
|  sbuild-build-depends-python-llfuse-dummy : Depends: python-pytest (>= 2.8.0) but it is not going to be installed.
|                                             Depends: python-pytest-catchlog which is a virtual package.
|                                             Depends: python3-pytest (>= 2.8.0) but it is not going to be installed.
|                                             Depends: python3-pytest-catchlog which is a virtual package.
|                                             Depends: cython3 (>= 0.23) but it is not going to be installed.
| Unable to resolve dependencies!  Giving up...
`----

This is despite having the backports repository enabled in
/etc/apt/sources.list and using the aptitude-based resolver (which
I believe should automatically pick something from backports).

I thought this was because there is no sufficiently recent
python3-pytest in backports, but it seems that version 3.0 is actually
packaged...

Anyone an idea what I might be doing wrong?

>> For s3ql and python-llfuse, the changelog already contains the rationale
>> for the change. Are you sure you compared with the package versions in
>> testing/stretch?
>

> +s3ql (2.21+dfsg-1~bpo8+1) jessie-backports; urgency=medium
> +
> +  * Rebuild for jessie-backports.
> +  * Don't run unit tests during build to avoid python3-pytest build
> +    dependency.
>

> However, I can see 2.325 lines via debdiff. As an example, your debian
> dir in testing has the folowing files:
>
> clock-granularity.diff  ignore_cython_warnings.diff  proc_mount.diff
> series  show_pdflatex_output.diff  support_jessie_upgrade.diff

Urgs, indeed. Apologies for that. I think because one upload was made
with dgit and the other with git-dpm, all the individual diffs got
squashed into one big diff. I'll fix that and look closer into the
python3-pytest issue.

Thanks for your feedback, and apologies for not having checked the s3ql
debdiff!

Best,
-Nikolaus