Re: [debian-mysql] Backporting MySQL?

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 07:36:08AM +0100, Lars Tangvald wrote:
> Have you thought any more about replacing 5.6 with 5.7 for backports?
> Since we wish to remove 5.6 from unstable it isn't updated any longer.

It's since become clear (see [1]) that MySQL can't be maintained
in backports under the rules, now that it not going to be released
with stretch.

So please go ahead and remove 5.6 from unstable (and jessie-backports).
And thank you for the last update of MySQL 5.6; sorry it didn't work out.

Cheers,
Dominic.

[1] <https://lists.debian.org/debian-backports/2016/12/msg00044.html>