Re: backports exception for virtualbox?

На 12.12.2016 в 16:52, Christian Seiler написа:
On 12/12/2016 03:37 PM, Rhonda D'Vine wrote:
* Gianfranco Costamagna <locutusofborg@debian.org> [2016-12-12 14:27:43 CET]:
I fear we can't do this exception.  And while I abssolutely understand
that there is actual need for that (we are using virtualbox at work too,
so I'm cutting myself here), I am sorry but backports is not the place
for that.

ough, I was mostly sure there were already some packages under special
exceptions (I think security/release team(s) told me their names but I don't remember
right now)

 I'm not really aware of any such.

I believe the only exception is linux-grsec, see
https://lists.debian.org/<20160322122208.GH4444@formorer.de>
and responses. (See also the complete thread for arguments on
both sides.)

There are both similarities and differences to the virtualbox
case.

Isn't the case of virtualbox the same as php5? PHP 5.6 gets all its minor versions into jessie-security <https://packages.qa.debian.org/p/php5.html> and these minor versions are not only about fixing security bugs: http://php.net/ChangeLog-5.php . Also all minor versions of PHP 5.4 go to wheezy-security.

Best regards,
Ognyan