Re: Please upload chealpix and healpix-cxx to jessie-backports

> On Nov 15, 2016, at 2:21 PM, Steffen Möller <steffen_moeller@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Leo,
>
> On 15/11/2016 18:33, Leo P. Singer wrote:
>> Dear Backporters,
>>
>> Would someone please upload the Jessie backports of chealpix and healpix from mentors.debian.net? I am a DM and I maintain both packages, but I do not yet have upload access to backports.
>>
>> https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/chealpix/chealpix_3.30.0-4~bpo8+1.dsc
>> https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/h/healpix-cxx/healpix-cxx_3.30.0-4~bpo8+1.dsc
>>
>> Thanks and best regards,
>> Leo
>>

>> P.S. I'd like to contribute a backport of healpy once both of these have been uploaded.
>>
> I just had a look at
> https://mentors.debian.net/package/chealpix
> and can confirm the lintian error on the ldconfig that shall be
> triggered. Now, I have no exact clue if this already a requirement for
> Jessie
> https://lintian.debian.org/tags/package-must-activate-ldconfig-trigger.html
>
> Do you see any such error on a pure Jessie system? I am just asking
> since I was using pbuilder.

Hi Steffen,

I logged into my Jessie pbuilder and ran the Jessie version of lintian on chealpix_3.30.0-4~bpo8+1_amd64.changes. I did not get the package-must-activate-ldconfig-trigger message. To quote <https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=827923#10>, "lintian is simply testing for something that
applies to unstable but not for jessie."

Cheers,
Leo