Re: Source-only uploads for jessie backports

Hi,

Am 26. Oktober 2016 13:32:31 MESZ, schrieb James Cowgill <jcowgill@debian.org>:
>Hi,
>
>On 26/10/16 12:05, Santiago Vila wrote:
>> Greetings.
>>
>> I have been asked to backport gettext for jessie.
>> The backport is almost ready:
>>
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=841259
>>
>> I would like to upload it in source-only form.
>> Will that work?
>
>Source only uploads do not work for jessie-backports as it has no
>arch:all buildd, but uploads with arch:all but not arch:any packages
>included should work.

Quick follow-up: since this is a policy queue, if you upload source+all only I assume you should rename the .changes file from _$arch.changes to e.g. _multi.changes, otherwise the buildd upload for $arch will get rejected? Or has there been a change to dak/w-b/etc. in the mean time that this is not required anymore?

I also assume that source-only uploads will be rejected generally, so that arch: any only packages (no arch: all) need to be uploaded for at least one bin arch, just as with p-u uploads at the moment, right?

Finally, are there plans for the future stretch-backports to support source-only uploads (non-NEW), same as with current unstable?

Thanks, :-)
Christian