Re: Backport of freeSwan 5.5.0 to Debian 8

Le 03/10/2016 à 17:28, Ramiro Morales a écrit :
> Hi all,

Hi !

> I needed to experiment with newer versions of freeSwan as we
> weresuffering  some issues (interperability problems when using IKEv1,
> hanging/clocking ipsec command invocations, etc.) with our setup of
> 5.2.1 as shipped with jessie.
>
> So I backported version 5.5.0-2 (currently available in testing). The
> changes introduced are available at
> https://github.com/ramiro/strongswan-debian-package
> <https://github.com/ramiro/strongswan-debian-package> on the
> backport-to-jessie branch (changes introduced can be seen at
> https://github.com/ramiro/strongswan-debian-package/compare/backport-to-jessie?expand=1
> <https://github.com/ramiro/strongswan-debian-package/compare/backport-to-jessie?expand=1>).
>
> I intend to keep it up to date with upsteam (debian packaging) fatal or
> serious security updates. I'm posting this in case there are other
> people in the same situation and in case there is a way to contribute to
> an offiicial Debian backport.

You should get in touch with the Strongwan maintainers team
(pkg-swan-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org) to check if they would be
interested in backporting it or sponsoring your work and let you
maintain it directly.

If they don't, you can ask for a sponsor here as well. Check
https://backports.debian.org/Contribute for pointers on how to do that:
uploading your source + binary package somewhere (like
mentors.debian.net) and asking here for review and upload should be
sufficient.

Cheers !

--
nodens