Re: Backport of bacula 7.4.3+dfsg-1

On 03.08.2016 15:41, Christian Seiler wrote:
> On 08/03/2016 02:58 PM, Carsten Leonhardt wrote:

>> we (the Bacula Packaging Team) have prepared a backport of bacula
>> 7.4.3+dfsg-1 (which is in testing), but it contains a small change (see
>> the attached diff or ¹). The change is necessary to ensure that the old
>> bacula-director daemon is stopped and we don't end up with the old and
>> new one running on the system. The init file is not in the same package
>> as the daemon, so the test for "same executable" via "start-stop-daemon
>> --exec" can fail because the binary could already have been replaced by
>> the newer one.

> Wouldn't the same issue also occur when upgrading from jessie to
> stretch and should the fix hence not also be applied to the
> package in stretch/sid as well? (Then there would be no special
> backports-related change in the package.)

Yes, it would. But the packages in Stretch will be completely redone and
will not have this problem to start with.

The new packages are currently in Experimental and are expected to be in
Unstable quite soon. But we wanted to have a backport of 7.4.3 to be
available, because it was requested by multiple people.

Grüße,
Svne.