Re: wxMaxima backport

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 5:32 AM, Gunter Königsmann <gunter@peterpall.de> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> wxMaxima is a full-featured graphical frontend for maxima, a program
> that is targeted towards (but not limited to) solving equations
> symbolically.
>
> In the last 3 years many new features were added:
>  - High-DPI support
>  - Syntax Highlighting
>  - Better html export
>  - input methods for easy access to greek letters
>  - a TeX-like subscript notation
>  - Displaying of user-defined labels
>  - MathML support
>  - Markdown support
>  - a new sectioning level
>  - a batch mode and
>  - a "Halt on error" feature
> just to mention a few. Also mails to the maxima mailing list seem to
> indicate that we have many users using debian stable => I assume the
> prerequisites for backporting the package are met and I wanted to make a
> second attempt for trying to backport wxMaxima to debian stable and have
> uploaded it to mentors.debian.org.
>
> I hope that uploading the binary package, as well, worked out fine: This
> would be my first package I'd ever backport. What I got told by
> mentors.debian.net after uploading it was that the .dsc file can be
> found here:
> https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/w/wxmaxima/wxmaxima_16.04.2-1~bpo8+1.dsc

Looks good! I've uploaded your package to backports-NEW just now.
Since this is your first backport, please remember to review the
contribution rules if you haven't done so already [1], in particular
the requirement to be subscribed to the debian-backports mailing list
in order to receive bug reports. Thanks!

Regards,
Vincent

[1] https://backports.debian.org/Contribute/