Re: broken dependencies: libjavascriptcoregtk-3.0-0 libwebkitgtk-3.0-0

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 09:42:37AM +0200, Rhonda D'Vine wrote:
>      Hi Alberto,
>
>  as the person who uploaded the backport, what's your standing on
>  this?
> Are you subscibed to the debian-backports mailinglist?

Hi!

Yes I'm subscribed, I probably overlooked this message, thanks for
pinging me.

Packages that depend on libwebkit2gtk-3.0-25 should be able to
be rebuilt with libwebkit2gtk-4.0-37 with no changes (other than
replacing webkit2gtk-3.0 => webkit2gtk-4.0 in configure.ac if the
package does not support both already), but I don't know if that's
something that can be done in general for backports.

The other option is of course to build libwebkit2gtk-3.0-25 again, but
that's not a simple change, when the transistion was made in unstable
the build system was simplified and _eight_ binary packages were
removed... so by reverting that in jessie-backports in practice we
would be forking the webkitgtk package.

This is my fault and I should have seen this when I backported
webkitgtk, I apologize for that!

If it's an option we can remove the webkitgtk backport until I come up
with a better solution.

Berto