Re: network-manager-strongswan in jessie?

* Harald Dunkel <harri@afaics.de> [2016-05-20 21:00:30 CEST]:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> On 05/20/16 20:12, Jeremy Schneider wrote:
> > Dear Harald,
> >
> > I'm running jessie on my laptop and need to connect to an ipsec vpn. Do you have any idea if network-manager-strongswan will be packaged for jessie any time soon?  I see some discussion from about a year ago, and I see packages for stretch and sid, but still nothing on jessie and no recent
> > discussion that I could see.
> >

> I provided a backport of network-manager-strongswan for Jessie
> in May 2015, but it was ignored for 11 months and finally
> rejected for some reason I could not follow.

 Not ignored.  I tried to reach you multiple times.  At that time it was
even about 1.3.0-1.1~bpo70+1 which didn't make any sense to me from that
point of view (thus also the reject message I wrote), and given that I
never received feedback for a few tries to reach you I went around to
reject it.  I guess the upload for jessie-backports did clash with that
somehow and was a mistake.  Sorry about that.

> > Backports isn't the place to fix bugs in jessie.  This needs to get addressed in jessie directly, not through a backport.
>
> As you noticed there is no network-manager-strongswan for
> Jessie. The backport wasn't supposed to fix anything, but
> to complete the list of plugins supported by Jessie's
> network-manager.

 Yes, see that now.  But it was overcast by the 1.3.0-1.1 backport
upload that led to that impression.  My bad, please re-upload it, it of
course makes a lot of sense given that it got removed from stable.

 So long,
Rhonda