Re: network-manager-strongswan in jessie?

Hi Jeremy and Harald,
I also did a local backport of this package, but I've never been able to have the relevant gui available in network manager... do I have to completely rebuild the network manager from strecht or sid ?

Thx a lot,
Jérémy

Le 20 mai 2016 9:24 PM, "Jeremy Schneider" <jeremy.schneider@ardentperf.com> a écrit :
On Fri, 20 May 2016 21:00:30 +0200 Harald Dunkel wrote:
> I provided a backport of network-manager-strongswan for Jessie
> in May 2015, but it was ignored for 11 months and finally
> rejected for some reason I could not follow.
>
> On 04/12/16 19:02, Rhonda D'Vine wrote:
> >
> > Backports isn't the place to fix bugs in jessie.  This needs to get
> > addressed in jessie directly, not through a backport.

Is there any way I can help? Anything to reinforce to whoever's
important that this missing package is really a hassle for end-users
since without it there's essentially no ipsec client functionality
available in the gui?

> Anyway, you should consider to download the current n-m-s
> source package from testing. It builds fine for Jessie,
> AFAICT. Please mail if you need help.

In fact I just did this. It built fine. However most end-users will
probably just wonder why things don't work and give up... they won't get
as far as I did with building packages from source...

Thanks,
Jeremy

--
http://about.me/jeremy_schneider