Re: FFmpeg 3.0.1 for jessie-backports

Hi Filippo,

>> > I've just uploaded 3.0.2 in case you want to wait for that version.
>>
>> I'll wait for it, thanks.
>>
>> Filippo, would you like to update x265? FFmpeg 3.0.2 needs a newer
>> version than what is available in jessie-backports.
>
> for sure, I see debhelper minimum version got bumped to get automatic dbg

Thanks!

> packages and that version isn't in jessie-backports. Probably easier to add
> back the dbg package for jessie-backports than backport debhelper 9.20160403
> (and dpkg-dev with it), what do you think?

I stopped shipping -dbg packages for kodi in jessie-backports since I
think it is
almost never needed:
override_dh_strip:
        dh_strip --ddeb-migration="kodi-dbg (<< 15.1+dfsg1-4~)" || dh_strip

The related thread starts here:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-backports/2016/01/msg00050.html

Cheers,
Balint