Re: Samba Jessie-backport

Hi,

I have reviewed the list and I have found that this topic has been threaded a
few days ago. So, sorry for the noise. Some notes:

* Backport it's needed or patch the current version of Samba to support
Windows 10.

* I agree with Alexander Wirt about the importance and complexity of Samba. A
lot of people use it and IMHO it should be done by the Debian Samba
Maintainers.

My two ct.

Leopold

El Divendres, 13 de maig de 2016, a les 08:19:56, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda va
escriure:
> Hi,
>
> the current version of Samba in Jessie doesn't not work fine with Windows
> 10.
>
> https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2015-September/193886.html
>
> I think that backporting the current Stretch version of Samba to Jessie
> (supporting Windows 10) could be a good option. I'm not able to evaluate the
> cost in time about this option. Looking build dependencies I see that there
> are three packages that are not in Jessie and not maintained by the Debian
> Samba Maintainers:
>
> * libnss-wrapper libresolv-wrapper libsocket-wrapper
>
> and some packages with not available versions but maintained by the same
> team:
>
> * libldb-dev (>= 2:1.1.26~)
>   libtalloc-dev (>= 2.1.6~)
>   libtdb-dev (>= 1.3.8~)
>   python-ldb (>= 2:1.1.26~)
>   python-ldb-dev (>= 2:1.1.26~)
>   python-talloc-dev (>= 2.1.6~)
>   python-tdb (>= 1.3.8~)
>
> So, please could you consider to backport Samba to Jessie to solve the
> problem of Windows 10 compatibility?
>
> Best regards,
>

> Leopold

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia