uploading to jessie-backports (Re: migrating to Debian gitlab)

[dropping devel and adding debian-ruby]

On Wednesday 23 March 2016 02:02 PM, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> I have built it on jessie (with tests disabled for some packages).
>
> http://mahishasura.pxq.in/ has the gitlab package for jessie. I have
> automated the build process to a large extend here
> https://gitlab.com/debian-ruby/backportr

I have updated gitlab to 8.5.8 in my repo.

> I'm wondering if it is worth the effort to upload it to
> jessie-backports. Looking for comments from the backports team. Also any
> help in maintaining the backports is welcome.

Gitlab Inc, has extended funding for another 20 days (with first 60 days
completed and second round of 20 days already in progress, 100 days in
total) so I can complete gitlab backporting to jessie.

I have got access to backports and will start uploading the dependencies
now.

Here is the sequential list of dependencies
https://gitlab.com/debian-ruby/backportr/blob/master/lib/gitlab_sequential.txt

Let me know if any of you would like to join this effort.

https://gitlab.com/debian-ruby/backportr/blob/master/lib/gitlab_notes.txt has
documented manual handling required in the backports. It would be great
if you can help fixing the test failures on jessie. I'm planning to
disable tests if a reasonable effort is not enough to fix it.

> The last major issue we have to fix is
> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=814871 Any help in
> debugging and fixing this is welcome.
>
> I think once this bug is fixed, we can start working on a gitlab
> instance for debian, finally!

last important blocker for gitlab.debian.net