backports kernel with wacom tablet

I installed jessie 8.3 with the 3.16 with this setup my bluetooth mouse constantly disconnect whenever the device goes inactive.

updating to the backport linux-image-4.3.0-0.bpo.1-amd64, the mouse problems goes away but then my wacom tablet stops working.

The wacom setting panel in gnome reports that there is not wacom tablet. The tablet still works as a very basic mouse but nothing else.

Is there a way that I can have both my devices work? I understand that there's a limitation on the 3.16 kernel with low power bluetooth devices. Is there any reason why the updated kernel would cause the wacom driver to stop working properly?

Best,
Owen