Re: Backports Instructions refer to "http.debian.net"

On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 08:12:11 PM Tristan Seligmann wrote:
> https://github.com/rgeissert/http-redirector
>
> the last commit was 6 months ago.

A little less than 6 months ago...

> There's also several bug reports open
> which I think cover my complaints between them all. For example:
>
> https://github.com/rgeissert/http-redirector/issues/55
>
> https://github.com/rgeissert/http-redirector/issues/72
>
> The fault is mostly that of the broken mirrors', but I am finding that just
> using Fastly (via deb.debian.org) or CloudFront (via
> cloudfront.debian.net) makes for a more reliable experience. I guess the
> reverse may apply for those who are near a good mirror, but far away from
> a Fastly or CloudFront edge node, so my original mail may have been overly
> opinionated; sorry for that.

Interesting, thanks for context. However not only deb.debian.org warns "This
is an experimental service" but also it should work "in stretch and later".
We are talking about backports here so deb.debian.org can not be used due to
those two reasons.

Eventually we might be able to advise using "deb.debian.org" for Backports
but not just yet...

According to announce "http.debian.net" was obsoleted by
"httpredir.debian.org" and I suppose it is safe to update instructions
accordingly.

--
Cheers,
 Dmitry Smirnov.

---

There is no such thing as public opinion. There is only published opinion.
        -- Winston Churchill