Re: Backporting hplip 3.15.11+repack0-1 to jessie (ddebs...)

On 02/16/2016 05:20 AM, Stefano Rivera wrote:
> To support a new HP Printer, I've prepared a backport of hplip
> 3.15.11+repack0-1 to jessie. Debian Printing people, can I upload this?
> The ddebs migration makes things a little tricky, as discussed in [0].
>
> My solution was different to kodi's. I reverted a96d24e2 [1] and added
> some un-versioned Breaks + Replaces, see the debdiff below. Should we
> rather drop -dbg, like kodi did?
>
> [0]: http://lists.debian.org/56970CB8.6000803@gmail.com
> [1]: https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/printing/hplip.git/commit/?h=debian/master&id=a96d24e2b90fd07fa1af1ddfe6be7993506b3891

hplip in sid/stretch uses the default transition code that hardcodes the
version of the dbg-->dbgsym transition. So on a jessie->stretch update
it will not catch any -dbg packages that you upload to jessie-backports.

If you want to continue to provide -dbg packages in jessie-backports you
have to take care of them in the main sid/stretch packages. There is
some (iirc undocumented) feature that allows for this, mentioned
somewhere in the quoted thread [0].

For Wine I decided to just drop all debug packages in jessie-backports.

Greets
jre