Backport of zbackup

Hi,

I've made a backport of zbackup, which is on mentors.d.n[1], and tried
to contact the package maintainer, asking if he could sponsor it. What
happened is that 10 days later I haven't received any answer yet.

Is it OK to upload a backport without the package maintainer consent?
I guess that there's no problem, as I'm the solely responsible for
this as soon as it hits the archive. And, if there's really no
problem, is there anyone here available to sponsor it for me, please?

Regards,
Tiago.

[1]: http://mentors.debian.net/package/zbackup

--