Re: Backport of wxMaxima fom testing to Jessie

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 09:08:57PM +0200, Gunter Königsmann wrote:
> => Did upload the package to mentors.debian.org:
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/w/wxmaxima/wxmaxima_15.08.2-2~bpo70+1.dsc

My comments about the backport:

Version number should be "15.08.2-1~bpo70+1", not "15.08.2-2~bpo70+1".

The changelog is a matter of preferences. I prefer lately to use the
present and not the past: "Backport" instead of "Backported", as I
read somewhere such style is better. I would omit "the package" since
it's obvious. Finally, I would add "No changes" to indicate that the
backport did not require any changes at all, which I think it is an
interesting thing to know for the backport itself.

In fact, I would use "Build" instead of "Backport" for that reason.

So to summarize, I would write: "Build for jessie. No changes."

Thanks.