Re: [Pkg-xfce-devel] XFCE 4.12 backport for Jessie

Here's my minimal XFCE 4.12 backport repo (only xfwm4 and its dependencies, as well as lightdm and lightdm-gtk-greeter):

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:lbssousa:debian:xfce:minimal

I've just added it and upgraded the packages. No conflicts at the moment, no more "double titlebars" for CSD apps.

Alexander,

Why not? Current e.g. xfce4-mixer source version IS the same in both jessie and stretch (https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/xfce4-mixer). The real problem here is that several XFCE components in jessie (whose source version has not changed in stretch yet) conflict with xfce4-panel 4.12, so they were binNMU'ed in stretch. In order to get e.g. xfce4-panel properly backported in jessie, I need to rebuild them against backported libs (with my proposed suffix "+b1~bpo8+1").

Anyway, I'm trying another approach: a minimal backport with only xfwm4 and its dependencies. I'll try to install them in jessie and see if it fits my needs.

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015, Laércio de Sousa wrote:

> Vincent and all,
>
> About suffix "~bpo8+1+b1" you've mentioned, it would still not work in my
> case, because resulting package version would be lower than one in Jessie!
> Let me take a practical example:
>
> Package xfce4-mixer:
>   * Current source version: 1.10.3-1 in both Jessie and Stretch
>   * Current binary version in jessie: 1.10.3-1 (with xfce4-panel 4.10
> dependency)
>   * Current binary version in stretch: 1.10.3-1+b1 (with xfce4-panel 4.12
> dependency)
>   * Hypothetical binary version in jessie-backports: 1.10.3-1[X]~bpo8+1[Y]
> (with backported xfce4-panel 4.12 dependency)
Ehm. STOP. you don't package versions with the same source (!) version in
jessie and stretch. If you are doing that, you are doing something really
wrong.

Alex - Backports ftpmaster

--
Laércio de Sousa