Re: XFCE 4.12 backport for Jessie

After investigating their current binary versions in stretch (I'm only watching on their source versions until now, and I'm not aware about binNMUs before), I just realized that a "+b1~bop8+1" could be a good suffix for those jessie packages that only need to be rebuilt against backported new libs.

Is this OK?

After testing my backported packages on a clean install. I've found a problem with the following packages:

  * xfce4-mixer
  * xfce4-battery-plugin
  * xfce4-clipman-plugin
  * xfce4-cpugraph-plugin
  * xfce4-datetime-plugin
  * xfce4-genmon-plugin
  * xfce4-mailwatch-plugin
  * xfce4-mount-plugin
  * xfce4-timer-plugin

These packages are currently identical in both jessie and stretch/sid, but they need a little bump in unstable to be rebuilt against newer xfce4-panel libs.

While this is not done yet, how could I make this bump with my own backported packages? Which package release suffix should I use (since default "~bpo+1" won't work)?

Hi there!

I've just built a complete backport of packages maintained by Xfce Debian Maintainers (including XFCE 4.12, LightDM 1.14, and LightDM GTK+ Greeter 2.0.1) and uploaded it to my OBS repo:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:lbssousa:debian:xfce

The main motivation for my backport efforts are the following:

* XFCE 4.12: better handling of CSD-enabled applications (e.g. Evince)
* LightDM 1.14: improved multi-seat support (when compared to 1.10)
* LightDM GTK+ Greeter: better integration with Numix theme; fix an annoying bug regarding timed autologin (LP #854261).

Please consider reviewing and/or uploading them to jessie-backports.

Att.
--
Laércio de Sousa
Orientador de Informática