Re: Backport of python-pygit2

On 2015-06-16 04:24:37, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Hi Antoine,

Hi Thomas!

> Thanks for attempting to backport python-pygit2. However, it'd be nice
> if, when doing a backport of this package, you would:
>
> 1/ get in touch with me (I'm the maintainer, that's best practice to do so).

Sorry for not getting in touch with you. I had done some communications
for the libgit backport, and somehow ommitted that step for
pygit2... sorry about that.

> 2/ use an up-to-date version (there's no such thing as version 0.21.4-2
> in Debian anymore, it's been replaced by 0.22.0-3 in Sid).

Yeah, I understand that. The problem with this is that it requires
redoing the libgit backport completely from scratch, and makes it
impossible to backport to wheezy, from what I understand.

Also, when I started this backport, 0.21 *was* in stretch... I was just
trying to finish the process i started weeks ago. :)

> 3/ use Git (the package is maintained using that).

I actually did that. I have two branches for jessie and wheezy here, and
I'd be happy to share them with you. They are trivial backports however
so I didn't find it necessary to push them anywhere yet.

> Backports FTP masters, I'd like the package to be rejected until the
> above issues 2 and 3 get resolved.

Understood.

A.

--