Re: Fwd: jessie backport for Wordpress

On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 10:59:17AM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mittwoch, 3. Juni 2015, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > So according to this wordpress 4.2 would neither be something for backports
> > nor for stable. And now what?
>
> there just has been a DLA for wordpress in squeeze-lts (oldoldstable!) and
> there has been a DSA for wordpress in stable in 2015 already and 3 in 2014 -
> why do you think that Debian's wordpress version in stable|oldstable|
> oldoldstable ain't supported?
>
> If you want to help *improving* the existing support, eg by providing patches
> faster, you are very welcome to do so, eg by attaching those patches to the
> relevant bug reports in the Debian BTS. Another way to help is to test those
> patches and report back to the BTS.

Don't get me wrong, I offered to help in several bugs I've reported. It's not
that I don't want to improve. But a recent WP version has other advantages too.

I've been using wordpress in wheezy and there were tons of plugins not supported
and tons of plugins that, although they worked, didn't fix bugs for such
old WP versions. Or even not look at it, just said: "That WP version is not
supported, try to reproduce with a new one".

And it's a shame, but plugins are important in my case :-/. So, if I can always
have an updated WP version, it's really nice.

Thanks a lot,
Rodrigo