Re: qbittorrent 3.1.10 backport to wheezy

Hi Bruno,

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 12:31 PM, bruno zanetti <bzanetti00@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I made a backport of qbittorrent from jessie (3.1.10-1) to wheezy. The only
> change I made (in debian/control) was to force the dependency on
> libtorrent-rasterbar >= 0.16.18 from wheezy-backports to improve stability
> and ensure the same user experience as in jessie.
>
> I uploaded the package 'qbittorrent' to mentors.debian.net at the following
>
> The respective dsc file can be found at:
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/q/qbittorrent/qbittorrent_3.1.10-1~bpo70+1.dsc

Uploaded, thanks for your contribution to Debian!

> When I ran lintian on my local copy of the package i got no errors, whilst

Your copy of lintian is probably too old.

> the check performed by mentors reported a few errors of type
> source-is-missing caused by the inclusion in the package of some minified
> javascripts. Since the same errors should affect the original package too
> (3.1.10-1/jessie), I see no reasons to make changes specific to the
> backport. As long as this is acceptable, I kindly ask for sponsorship to
> upload the package.
> If, on the other hand, I should try to suppress the errors, I ask for advice
> (add a lintian override?)

You should always aim to minimize your changes to any given package
when preparing a backport; that applies to lintian errors/warnings as
well. Fix any issues raised by lintian in sid instead of in your
backported package (the latter will be fixed once the version in sid
migrates to testing and is then backported anyways).

Regards,
Vincent