Re: lxc for wheezy-backports

Hi Christian,

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Christian Seiler <christian@iwakd.de> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm interested in having a backport of Jessie's lxc package in
> wheezy-backports. I asked the package maintainer and while he didn't
> himself want to maintain it, he was fine with other people doing
> that[1]. Therefore, I'd like to step up and do this myself (and
> obviously also keep track of further stable uploads and backport those
> if necessary). However, I'm neither a DD nor a DM, so I'm asking for a
> sponsor for this package.
>
> I've successfully managed to build the package without any changes at
> all[2], for amd64 and i386, in a pbuilder chroot cleanly against wheezy
> with only the following packages from wheezy-backports:
> libseccomp2 libseccomp-dev dh-systemd.
>
> It also successfully installs on a amd64 Wheezy box and I didn't
> encounter any problems with it myself.
>
> Note that using this LXC version, it is possible to run Jessie
> containers with systemd on Wheezy hosts, which can be really helpful I
> believe.
>
> I've uploaded the source package to here (mentors didn't work for me, I
> got a 500 Internal Server Error), the changes file includes the full
> history since the version in Wheezy, as per backporting instructions:
> http://iwakd.de/temp/debian/lxc_1.0.6-6~bpo70+1.debian.tar.xz
> http://iwakd.de/temp/debian/lxc_1.0.6-6~bpo70+1.dsc
> http://iwakd.de/temp/debian/lxc_1.0.6-6~bpo70+1_source.changes
> orig.tar.xz is from Jessie:
> http://http.debian.net/debian/pool/main/l/lxc/lxc_1.0.6.orig.tar.xz
>
> It would be great if somebody could sponsor this upload. Thanks!

Uploaded, thanks for your contribution to Debian!

If you haven't done so already, please subscribe to the
debian-backports list; this is where bugs against backported packages
are supposed to be reported, and it'll be your job as maintainer of
your backported package to respond to these bug reports and any other
user queries. Thanks!

Regards,
Vincent