Re: Cannot install: Depends: (package) but (package other version bpo) is to be installed

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 26, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Anil Duggirala
<anilduggirala@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> hello,
> Im having trouble install various packages in Debian 7.7.
> When trying to install goldendict I get
>  goldendict : Depends: libphonon4 (>= 4:4.3.0) but it is not going to be
>  installed
> when I try to install libphonon4 I get:
> libphonon4 : Depends: libqt4-dbus (>= 4:4.8.1) but it is not going to be
> installed
> when I try to install libqt4-dbus I get
> Depends: libqtdbus4 (= 4:4.8.2+dfsg-11) but 4:4.8.6+dfsg-2~bpo70+1 is to
> be installed
>
> So for some reason it wants to install a package from backports, even if
> I remove the backports repository from my resources.list and run apt-get
> update,
>
> I did install virtualbox(from backports) and also some linux headers, I
> dont know if that has something to do with it.
> please help,
> thanks,

goldendict isn't available in backports, so this really should have
been sent to debian-user@lists.debian.org (which is a general support
list for users) instead. Please follow-up there.

Regards,
Vincent