Re: New package for blktap [RC]

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 3:27 AM, Chrysostomos Nanakos
<nanakos@wired-net.gr> wrote:
> Hi Vincent,
>

> On 2014-09-12 09:50, Vincent Cheng wrote:
>>
>> Hi Chrysostomos,
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 4:27 AM, Chrysostomos Nanakos
>> <nanakos@wired-net.gr> wrote:
>>
>>> the package has migrated to testing so it's time to seek a sponsor for an
>>> upload to wheezy-backports!
>>

>> Have you first tried asking your previous sponsor and/or the
>> maintainer/uploader(s) of the package if they would be willing to
>> sponsor your backported package as well?
>>

> No I haven't. I tried to follow the procedure and send an email to
> debian-backports list.

Then please contact your sponsor / the maintainers of the package and
ask them first if they'd be willing to sponsor your package.
debian-backports acts a lot like debian-mentors/sponsorship-requests
does; they're usually your last resort to getting a package sponsored,
and in most cases it is far faster to just contact a DD that you know
of already to get your package sponsored into backports.

Regards,
Vincent