Re: ipmitools/1.8.14-4~bpo70+1

Hello Vincent,

Am Mittwoch, den 10.09.2014, 00:26 -0700 schrieb Vincent Cheng:
> On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 5:32 AM, Jörg Frings-Fürst
> <debian@jff-webhosting.net> wrote:
> > Hallo Vincent,
> >
> > Am Dienstag, den 09.09.2014, 01:50 -0700 schrieb Vincent Cheng:
> >> Hi Jörg,
> >>
> > [...]
> >> So it's still entirely up to you whether you want to remove the
> >> build-dep on dh-systemd even though you are allowed to keep it as a
> >> build-dep for a backports upload; just wanted to make sure you were
> >> aware. However, I'd like to point out that I strongly prefer making
> >> backport debdiffs as minimal as possible (in packages that I
> >> maintain/sponsor), so I'd recommend undoing the above changes.
> >
> > Sorry it wasn't systemd. It is dh-systemd. I have changed the required
> > version to 1.18~ and the build runs.
>
> Why did you increase the version constraint on the dh-systemd
> build-dep? Does your package not build/function properly with only a
> build-dep on dh-systemd (>= 1.5)? If that's the case, this should be
> fixed in sid first; otherwise, please revert this unnecessary change.
>
> Again, I want to stress the importance of making sure that the debdiff
> between the package in jessie and your proposed backport is as minimal
> as possible. In many cases (and it looks like this applies to ipmitool
> as well), there shouldn't be any changes other than a new changelog
> entry.

On wheezy the latest version of dh-systemd is 1.18~bpo70+1:

sudo DIST=wheezy pbuilder login --save-after-login
[sudo] password for jff:
I: Building the build Environment
I: extracting base tarball [/var/cache/pbuilder/wheezy-amd64-base.tgz]
I: creating local configuration
I: copying local configuration
I: mounting /proc filesystem
I: mounting /run/shm filesystem
I: mounting /dev/pts filesystem
I: policy-rc.d already exists
I: Obtaining the cached apt archive contents
I: entering the shell
File extracted to: /var/cache/pbuilder/build//7656

W: no hooks of type F found -- ignoring
root@merkur:/# apt-cache policy dh-systemd
dh-systemd:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.18~bpo70+1
  Version table:
     1.18~bpo70+1 0
        100 http://http.debian.net/debian/ wheezy-backports/main amd64 Packages

See also [1].

Therefor ipmitool with dh-systemd (>= 1.5) can not build.

> Regards,
> Vincent

CU
Jörg

[1] https://packages.qa.debian.org/i/init-system-helpers.html

--
pgp Fingerprint: 7D13 3C60 0A10 DBE1 51F8  EBCB 422B 44B0 BE58 1B6E
pgp Key: BE581B6E

Jörg Frings-Fürst
D-54526 Niederkail

Threema: SYR8SJXB