Re: ipmitools/1.8.14-4~bpo70+1

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 5:32 AM, Jörg Frings-Fürst
<debian@jff-webhosting.net> wrote:
> Hallo Vincent,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 09.09.2014, 01:50 -0700 schrieb Vincent Cheng:
>> Hi Jörg,
>>
> [...]
>> So it's still entirely up to you whether you want to remove the
>> build-dep on dh-systemd even though you are allowed to keep it as a
>> build-dep for a backports upload; just wanted to make sure you were
>> aware. However, I'd like to point out that I strongly prefer making
>> backport debdiffs as minimal as possible (in packages that I
>> maintain/sponsor), so I'd recommend undoing the above changes.
>
> Sorry it wasn't systemd. It is dh-systemd. I have changed the required
> version to 1.18~ and the build runs.

Why did you increase the version constraint on the dh-systemd
build-dep? Does your package not build/function properly with only a
build-dep on dh-systemd (>= 1.5)? If that's the case, this should be
fixed in sid first; otherwise, please revert this unnecessary change.

Again, I want to stress the importance of making sure that the debdiff
between the package in jessie and your proposed backport is as minimal
as possible. In many cases (and it looks like this applies to ipmitool
as well), there shouldn't be any changes other than a new changelog
entry.

Regards,
Vincent