Re: ipmitools/1.8.14-4~bpo70+1

Hi Vincent,

first thanks for your review.

Am Dienstag, den 09.09.2014, 01:50 -0700 schrieb Vincent Cheng:
> Hi Jörg,
>
> On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Jörg Frings-Fürst
> <debian@jff-webhosting.net> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm the maintainer of ipmitools on Debian. Some time ago I ask here[1]
> > for update to include support for the new Dell Server.
> >
> > The backport is based on the Unstable ipmitools/1.8.14-4. The package
> > was build with pdebuild against a wheezy chroot.
> >
> > Only systemd was not found. So I have disabled the systemd support.
>
> dh-systemd is available in wheezy-backports, and backported packages
> are allowed to be built with backported build-deps (i.e. in a wheezy +
> wheezy-bpo environment).
>
> > The changes are:
> >
> >   * Rebuild for wheezy-backports (Closes: #757375).
> >     - Add support for Dell 13G server.
> >   * debian/control:
> >     - remove dh_systemd from Build-Depends.
> >   * debian/rules
> >     - remove --with systemd
> >

> So it's still entirely up to you whether you want to remove the
> build-dep on dh-systemd even though you are allowed to keep it as a
> build-dep for a backports upload; just wanted to make sure you were
> aware. However, I'd like to point out that I strongly prefer making
> backport debdiffs as minimal as possible (in packages that I
> maintain/sponsor), so I'd recommend undoing the above changes.

I have build it against wheezy chroot environment with

"OTHERMIRROR="deb http://www.backports.org/debian/ $DIST-backports main"

But I get every time

"Depends: dh-systemd (>= 1.5) which is a virtual package."

I have revert my changes and uploaded to mentors[1].

> Regards,
> Vincent

CU
Jörg

[1] http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/i/ipmitool/ipmitool_1.8.14-4~bpo70+1.dsc

--
pgp Fingerprint: 7D13 3C60 0A10 DBE1 51F8  EBCB 422B 44B0 BE58 1B6E
pgp Key: BE581B6E

Jörg Frings-Fürst
D-54526 Niederkail

Threema: SYR8SJXB