Re: Request for review and upload - libevdev and xserver-xorg-input-synaptics

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Raphaël HALIMI
<raphael.halimi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In a effort to use the ThinkPad X240 touchpad in wheezy, I
> backported libevdev and xserver-xorg-input-synaptics from
> testing/unstable for my personnal use. The packages seem to integrate
> flawlessly in Wheezy's Xorg so I'd like to make my work available for
> other users through wheezy-backports.

For these packages (and for your earlier libfprint/fprintd request),
have you first tried to contact the maintainer(s)/uploader(s) to see
if they'd be interested in sponsoring you / backporting those packages
themselves?

Regards,
Vincent