Re: Backport of Geany...

On 28.04.2014 17:40, Joerg Desch wrote:
Hi.

On Sun, 27 Apr 2014 22:28:15 +0200
Alexander Wirt <formorer@formorer.de> wrote:

I think you misunderstood something. Testing is the source for
backports, therefore you don't have a choice in using 1.23.

This means, I should better backport 1.24?

Yes. Did you read the backports.debian.org home page? The introduction reads as follows:

      Backports are packages taken from the next Debian release (called
    "testing"), adjusted and recompiled for usage on Debian stable.
    Because the package is also present in the next Debian release, you
    can easily upgrade your stable+backports system once the next
    Debian release comes out.

So, if you want a backport for Geany made available on backports.debian.org, you need to base your backport on the Debian source package currently available in Debian "testing". The rules for creating such a backport are described on the "Contribute" section of the backports home page.

I hope that answers your question.

Best regards,
Micha