Using Backports packages as LTS

Hi,

My understanding of Debian is that Old-Stable will only be supported for about one year after a new Stable is released. Now that Squeeze is getting LTS, its safe useful life is about 5 years.

Can we assume that Wheezy will get a support for 5 years as well?

Even then, can one extend it even further by using Wheezy-Backports for certain packages, since these packages are coming from Jessie?

Regards,

--
Jason Tan Boon Teck
jasontn@gmail.com