Re: interest in new backports?

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 6:35 AM, Joerg Desch <joerg.desch@web.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've backported the following packages from Jessie:
>
> * geany
> * geany-plugins
> * medit
> * nodejs
> * valac-0.22
> * libgee-0.8
>
> The compilation process was really smooth and finished without any problems. There is still an older backport of nodejs in the repositories.

I've just sponsored a newer nodejs backport, so that's one less
package for you to worry about.

> This is the first time I offer so of my backports. Is there any interest in theses packages?
>
> What is the normal process to include them in the repository?

Please refer to [1] for detailed instructions. At the very minimum,
please upload your backported source packages somewhere (e.g.
mentors.debian.net) so that they can be easily reviewed. I also
suggest contacting the maintainers of the packages you are interested
in backporting to see if they'd be willing to sponsor you and/or
upload backported packages themselves.

Regards,
Vincent

[1] http://backports.debian.org/Contribute/