Re: "Bug" in backported, SEPA-enabled gnucash/libaqbanking34

Hi Holger, hi Sébastien,

Am 05.04.2014 22:05, schrieb Holger Burkhardt:
> [... Gnucash] is missing two dependencies to function
> properly (both available in wheezy-backports):
>
> aqbanking-tools
> libaqbanking34-plugins
>
> The former is needed once to get updated SEPA-information from the bank.

No. As I understand it this issue has been fixed in AqBanking 5.4.0beta.
>From AqBanking's ChangeLog:

    2014-02-04 21:22:32 +0000 martin
    AqHBCI: Automatically request SEPA information for accounts.
    Now we add a GetSepaAccountInfo job to a queue for every account
    involved for which no IBAN is currently set.

    This should retrieve SEPA account info automagically, so users
    should no longer be required to use the command line tool for that.

    git-svn-id: https://devel.aqbanking.de/svn/aqbanking/trunk@2512
5c42a225-8b10-0410-9873-89b7810ad06e

I would guess Gnucash's hint to use the command line tool aqhbci-tool4
for fetching SEPA account information (Gnucash source code file
src/import-export/aqb/dialog-ab-trans.c:553) is obsolete with this
change in AqBanking.

> I am not sure if and where aqbanking-tools should be a dependency.
>
> I leave the solution up to the maintainers, who certainly know best how
> to tackle the issue.

If nobody objects I will leave aqbanking-tools as a recommendation (ie.
no hard dependency) for the reason specified above.

Cheers,
Micha