Re: "Bug" in backported, SEPA-enabled gnucash/libaqbanking34

Le samedi 05 avril 2014 à 22:05 +0200, Holger Burkhardt a écrit :

> Recently Sébastien Villemot kindly packaged gnucash 2.6.1-2~bpo70+1 for
> wheezy-backports to enable SEPA-transfers. However, this package (or a
> dependent subordinate package) is missing two dependencies to function
> properly (both available in wheezy-backports):
>
> aqbanking-tools
> libaqbanking34-plugins
>
> The former is needed once to get updated SEPA-information from the bank.
> The latter is needed every time for SEPA-transfers to work in gnucash
> (without it, within gnucash the window to enter the SEPA account, the
> amount as well as the descriptive text does not open at all).
>
> I installed both packages from wheezy-backports manually to get things
> working.
>
> I am not sure where the dependencies should be set, as there are
> certainly off-line gnucash users who prefer not having all on-line
> packages installed automatically due to dependencies.
>
> I see that libaqbanking34-plugins is "only" recommended in
> libaqbanking34, but it is essential at least for SEPA-transfers! Does it
> seem reasonable to have libaqbanking34-plugins as dependency instead of
> just a recommendation?

libaqbanking34-plugins will become a dependency of gnucash in the next
unstable upload. So this issue should be fixed in the next upload to
wheezy-backports, after the upload to unstable and the migration to
testing. In the meantime you have an easy workaround.

> I am not sure if and where aqbanking-tools should be a dependency.

It is not clear to me, I leave it to Micha Lenk (maintainer of
aqbanking) for commenting.

--
 .''`.    Sébastien Villemot
: :' :    Debian Developer