Re: backports dist-upgrade issue (udev breaks consolekit)

Hi,

Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> writes:
>> So udev should not get upgraded to 204-7~bpo70+1 by default.
>
> This does not absolve you of responsibility as backporter.  You should
> not upload packages to wheezy-backports with versioned depends/breaks/
> conflicts that can't be satisfied by packages in wheezy or
> wheezy-backports.

Well, it works fine if one doesn't have consolekit installed (I don't
where I use this package). I'm also mostly interested in systemd, udev
only comes as an extra. In general I don't think one can expect packages
from backports to work in all combinations (though udev is probably more
problematic by being installed by default).

Anyway, Michael Biebl prepared a backport of consolekit that should work
with the newer udev from systemd 204.

Ansgar