Re: virtualbox-dkms fails to build with 3.12-0.bpo.1-amd64 kernel

On 16/03/14 06:18, Nick wrote:
> Quoth Daniel Pocock:
>>> Quoth Daniel Pocock:
>>
>> Maybe not quite what you want, the patch I was thinking of lets you use
>> the regular VirtualBox 4.1 packages (from wheezy, not wheezy-backports)
>> with the kernels from wheezy-backports
>>
>> https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=696011#99
>
> Thanks, that was exactly what I wanted. But now I see the error of
> my ways in the first place and plan to learn qemu instead ;)

I've tried many of the virtualization solutions, both for server side
and desktop use, proprietary and open source.

They all have limitations in certain use cases but I'm continuing to use
Virtualbox from wheezy quite happily at the moment (and XCP from wheezy
for my cloud).