Re: Backport for youtube-dl

Hi Vincent,

On 13.03.2014 21:06, Vincent Cheng wrote:
Lintian complained about a missing NMU so I thought I had to add it.

That lintian warning can be safely ignored, AFAIK.

Yes, in fact a backport is not a NMU (unless you want to go nitpicking). So I totally understand why Pierre Rudloff was adding a NMU entry in debian/changelog, even though it is a backport.

Maybe Lintian maintainers (added to CC) can tweak that check a bit so that it doesn't issue NMU missing warnings in case of backports?! Or that it suggests to add the backporter to Uploaders: for the backport?

Cheers,
Micha