Re: [Backport Request] Jitsi (multi-protocol video/audio/IM communicator)...

On 09.03.2014 22:12, dafreedm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to request, please, that Jitsi be backported from Jessie to
> Wheezy.

I've already done the necessary work and published it on alioth.  I'm DM
and currently talking with upstream about joining their packaging efforts.

For those who would like to compile on their own, have a look at

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/jitsi.git
(rolf branch, 50a21303a8b in particular)
https://launchpad.net/~r0lf/+archive/stable/+sourcepub/3949423/+listing-archive-extra

As you can see, you will need to backport a more recent version of
libhttpclient-java first or you will run into bug 729904.