[Backport Request] Jitsi (multi-protocol video/audio/IM communicator)...

Hi,

I'd like to request, please, that Jitsi be backported from Jessie to
Wheezy.  Jessie and Sid both currently contain the most recent stable
version of Jitsi (2.4.4997), released on Jan 7, 2014.  However, wheezy
does not (currently) have any version of Jitsi...

A quick synopsis of Jitsi, courtesy of the jessie/sid packages:

   Jitsi is an application that allows you to do audio/video
   conversations over the Internet through the SIP and XMPP/Jabber
   protocol, as well as chat with your friends using some of the most
   popular instant messaging protocols such as SIP/SIMPLE,
   XMPP/Jabber, AIM/ICQ, Yahoo and others.

>From my perspective, Pidgin is the VoIP/IM client in Wheezy that is
closest in functionality to Jitsi.  However, there are a number of
differences (codec support / tighter integration of video & audio
functionality / central control over encryption and security
mechanisms / DNS-SEC / provisioning / etc) that make Jitsi a worthy
addition to current stable platform.

Thanks for your consideration.