please remove bitcoin from backports

Hello,

There has been multiple requests from multiple upstream devs and DDs
to remove bitcoin from the backports repository. The most important
one, for now, is that there is no upgrade path to testing since the
package is not (and will not) be in testing, and the package has never
been part of a stable release. The package in bpo is actually
incompatible with the current bitcoin network and is dangerous to
users (and the network).

Threads started on this list on 7/23/12 [1], I followed up in April
[2] and was asked to write up an announcement for
debian-backports-announce. I wrote and submitted the news to
debian-backports-announce on 4/8/13 [3], and again on 4/15/13, but it
never was posted (and I never got a "moderation" or "reject" message
from the list) and the package still hasn't been removed.

Ubuntu has just removed it from their archives (and blacklisted
syncing) and there is a standing RC bug preventing testing migration.

Can we please remove it from backports?

Thank you.

Regards,
Scott

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-backports/2012/07/msg00048.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-backports/2013/04/msg00041.html
[3]
Subject:
Removal of bitcoin-0.3.24~dfsg-1~bpo60+1 from backports

Body:
The bitcoin-0.3.24~dfsg-1~bpo60+1 package on backports.debian.org is
no longer maintained, and was finally removed from the archive now.
bitcoin-0.3.24~dfsg-1~bpo60+1 will not be part of the next Debian
release, and hence was removed from Debian/testing. Backports is now
following this move.

Users of bitcoin-0.3.24~dfsg-1~bpo60+1 can upgrade to bitcoin_0.8.1-1
which is in experimental.

bitcoin-0.3.24~dfsg-1~bpo60+1 is affected by the upcoming network
upgrade [1] and several security bugs.
[1] http://bitcoin.org/may15.html

Please move away from the backports.debian.org version of
bitcoin-0.3.24~dfsg-1~bpo60+1 as soon as possible.