Re: Debian backport of mongodb? (asking for an upload exception)

Hi Thomas, hi bpo ftpmasters,

On  Mo 11 Nov 2013 12:38:44 CET, Thomas Goirand wrote:

On Mon Nov 11 2013 07:25:20 PM HKT, Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel@das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
You could test the mongodb 2.4.6 packages that we already use for our
MongoDB server [1]. They are also the upload candidates for
wheezy-bpo, but I am still waiting for an upload go from László.

Please make it happen ASAP. Many people need it,
including OpenStack users.

the problem is more versatile after looking at it again.

mongodb 2.4.6-1 is not traversing to testing because of #728580. However, that's the version we have tested in our institute. It works very well on amd64 and i386. The bug #728580 only occurs if mongodb is built against boost (>=1.50) whereas wheezy ships boost 1.49.

Providing a mongodb version we have not tested (i.e. 2.4.5-1 which is in testing), I will not do. However, issue #728580 is not related to mongodb itself, but to boost1.5(3|4) AFAICT.

@bpo ftpmasters: so, I would like to ask for an upload exception for a backported mongodb 2.4.6-1. The package is in unstable, but does not migrate to testing because of an FTBFS which does not occur when built against wheezy.

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM