Re: Iceweasel in Squeeze and security

Hi Thomas,

On 26-06-13 20:06, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> While using backports.d.o for fixing a grave security problems is bad
> already, IMO having as an only solution to use a non-official repository
> is even worse. Roel is making a very valid request here, for the right
> reasons.

That request came from me, not Roel.

I can understand the security support of the old Iceweasel 3.5 browser
stopped, because that browser is really old so many sites don't work
anymore, and I expect the security support is much work.

I use Iceweasel 10 from squeeze-backports for my desktop customers, and
I expect many desktop users have switched to that version.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl