Re: May I upload FreeCAD into wheezy-backports?

* Arnt Karlsen <arnt@iaksess.no> [2013-05-19 16:44:58 CEST]:
> On Sun, 19 May 2013 12:01:05 +0200, Anton wrote in message
> <[🔎] 5198A2E1.1070804@debian.org>:
> > On 05/19/2013 11:44 AM, Francesco Poli wrote:
> > > [...]
>
> ..a nice pointy way is fork it as "UNFreeCAD" and drop all this
> non-compliant stuff into non-free or contrib where it belongs.

 If there is license incompatibility involved, we can't distribute it in
non-free.  We still will have to obey the chosen licenses, no matter how
unfortunate that might be.

 And yes, if that was the reason to have it removed from wheezy, I don't
see any way that we will accept that into wheezy-backports, as long as
the reason hasn't changed (and it doesn't seem like it has, has it?)

 So long,
Rhonda