Re: Squeeze vlc from backports

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 7:06 AM, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting Riku Valli (riku.valli@vallit.fi):
>> Hi
>>
>> Package: vlc
>> Version: Version: 2.0.3-5~bpo60+1
>> Architecture: amd64
>>
>> Is broken, because depencies not met.
>>
>> Depends: fonts-freefont-ttf, vlc-nox (= 2.0.3-5~bpo60+1)...
>

> It can be fixed either by fixing vlc (with a patch targeted at squeez
> backports, of course)...or backporting fonts-freefont (which should be
> easy but, well, mostly useless except for that purpose).

You're right, this should get fixed ASAP. I'm currently a bit
confused, because that dependency should already be correct in the
source:

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-multimedia/vlc.git;a=blob;f=debian/control;h=9cb26ecbba3787b41b66b1a3e5fd98fa4e1d61ab;hb=e3d5e20575863d79c1100d28d16b3fa62f8cd28c#l169

However, for some reasons I do not fully understand yet, it seems that
the second half of the alternative got dropped during the package
build. It may be a problem in my build environemnt, which I need to
revisit, but I don't think that's the reason. I also wonder why the
buildds haven't picked up that build, yet. So long story short, I've
seen the problem and am working on it. Suggestions and patches, as
always, are very welcome.

--
regards,
    Reinhard